Thursday, January 31, 2019

January 2019 Films and Series

I loved Isle of Dogs. I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson, and this did not disappoint. I loved the animation and the dialog.


I enjoyed Bird Box, unlike so many whose reviews I've been reading. It was entertaining and very suspenseful, especially in the first half.
















I couldn't wait to watch the third season of Travelers, and after I was finished, I went back to re-watch the first two. This is just the right length for me to watch on the treadmill in the morning.










I saw this on a "Best of Netflix" list recently and decided to re-watch it, but I realized after a while that I had never seen it. I was sure that I'd seen it when it first came out, but nothing about it was familiar to me. It was just as good as I expected!












We're flying through this series, and fact checking as we go. It's particularly fun as we just vacationed in Scotland in 2016 and visited the Royal Yacht Britannia, on which a number of the scenes are set.






What a fascinating story. This research was done in the wake of backlash against the harm caused to people from their use as human subjects. No wonder it was never published.



No comments:

Post a Comment