Sunday, January 3, 2021

How to be champion: my autobiography, by Sarah Millican

 

I've been watching bits of Sarah Millican's comedy routines online for a while now (thanks, Facebook, for introducing us!), and have found her to be very funny, so I was happy to learn that she'd written a book with a lot of her signature humor. I really enjoyed this book; it covers her entire life from childhood on, although focuses mostly on her adult years and professional career. There are 43 chapters, each ending with tips on "How to be champion." Some of the chapters are: What I was like at school; Things I've been bullied for; Dates I have had; Divorce; So many proper jobs; Things my dad taught me; The six men I have loved; How to be a comedian, and Tips for turning forty. All very funny, but also heartfelt, sincere, and authentic. And the writing is very good; I would read more from her, and look forward to watching more of her shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment