Sunday, October 24, 2021

My first ladies: twenty-five years as the White House chief floral designer, by Nancy Clarke

 

After reading the last book about first ladies, I pulled this book from my shelves. I received it at a Book Expo back in 2011, and it's signed by the author. Sadly, the author passed away not long after, a fact I learned when I tried to find more information about her. Nancy Clarke worked for the White House from the Carter through the early months of the Obama administrations. She shares her experiences first as a volunteer, and later as the chief floral designer, as she prepares displays for everyday and special occasions. She relates the differences between the first ladies, their color and flower preferences, and much more. Without telling tales, she gives an impression of each of the first ladies and what it was like working with them. It's a fun and pleasant book about a slice of life in the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment