Friday, February 13, 2015

A Daily Dose of Ghosts, v.1, by D.L. Kaiser

I'm so impressed with my friend Lu Kaiser, who has written and published a collection of short stories, A Daily Dose of Ghosts. These witty and imaginative stories are suitable for readers of all ages. I found myself laughing out loud in many places as I read through the 30 stories in this collection. From ghosts who throw such loud parties that they qualify as nuisance neighbors to ghosts who manifest themselves to help solve murder mysteries, this book includes a thoroughly diverse assortment of otherworldly beings.

Lu is also an accomplished artist, and she's demonstrated this talent by creating the cover art for A Daily Dose of Ghosts. Lu published the book through Amazon's publishing program, and it's available as both an e-book as well as print-on-demand. I was fascinated by this project as Lu was compiling the manuscript, editing the stories, and going through the publication and promotion process. As someone who has only dreamt of writing and publishing creative fiction, I'm especially impressed with folks like Lu who actually do it! I recommend this clever collection to anyone who enjoys ghost stories with a funny streak.

D.L. Kaiser. A Daily Dose of Ghosts, v. 1. Published 2014. Available from Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment