Monday, March 2, 2020

February 2020 Films and Series

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I thought this movie was too long and too slow. Definitely over-hyped.
The Borgias (Seasons 1-3). I really enjoyed this not-very historically accurate telling of the Borgia family history; I just wish it hadn't been canceled before they filmed the 4th and final season; apparently, it was too expensive to continue.
Beirut. A compelling film about the kidnapping of an American diplomat in the early 1980s.
Parasite. As good as the reviews said, although I would have preferred that it didn't take such a dark turn at the end.
Wolf Hall (Season 1). Based on the Hillary Mantel book; it was fun watching this series, which takes place just 30 years after the action in The Borgias. It was a little slow, but I enjoyed seeing Damian Lewis and Claire Foy in these roles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment