Friday, September 9, 2022

Ready for anything: 52 productivity principles for work & life, by David Allen

 

While I'm a fan of David Allen's book Getting things done (GTD), I'm less fond of this followup, which consists of repackaged essays he wrote in a newsletter. It is more philosophical, containing musings on many topics related to productivity, but it adds very little to what he wrote in his earlier book. Many of the essays are repetitive, they are fairly unstructured, and I found myself skimming through them rather than reading closely. I think the book could have benefited from a good editor's close attention. If you haven't read GTD, I would recommend starting with that; this book is dispensable, and I don't even recommend it to practitioners of GTD.

No comments:

Post a Comment