Thursday, February 1, 2024

Trust, by Hernan Diaz

 

I really liked this story told from four different perspectives. I had read several reviews of the book before I started it, so I had a good idea of what was coming; otherwise, I might have been a little disconcerted by each subsequent section of the book. There are four sections altogether, with the first being a novelized version of someone's life; the second is a draft of a ghostwritten but not finished biography; the third is the memoir of the ghostwrite; and the fourth is the journal of the woman profiled in the earlier sections. Each section appears to reveal more of the truth about the woman's life. The writing is very good. I did wonder about why the book was framed in this way, other than just a creative exercise. It was interesting and thought-provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment