Tuesday, June 16, 2020

May 2020 Films and Series

Rocketman. I enjoyed this portrayal of Elton John's life, although it wasn't at all what I expected.













The Goldfinch. I can't compare this to the book, which I own but haven't yet read. I enjoyed the film.












Bosch (season 6). So good!












 Roma. This was OK, but I am very surprised at how much people raved about it.












Blinded by the Light. Charming portrayal of a Pakistani teen immigrant in England whose life is transformed by Bruce Springsteen's music. A true story based on the author's memoir of the same title.













Elle. We had watched this a few years ago, but forgot and ordered it from Netflix again. A good thriller that leaves you with a lot of questions.











Ordeal by Innocence. British mystery series based on the Agatha Christie novel.














The Guilty. Compelling Danish drama.













Julieta. Directed by Pedro Almodovar.












Western Stars. Documentary about the inspiration of and a performance of Bruce Springsteen's recent album.

No comments:

Post a Comment